Aeration is an important part of any pond’s ecosystem. Many ponds are troubled with low oxygen levels with stagnate water. Unless managed properly, a pond or lake may quickly change from a beautiful asset to a foul smelling eye sore overtaken with algae, weeds and insects.
In today’s ever increasing expansion and development, many ponds and lakes have become runoff receptacles and complete with nutrient rich sediment, aquatics weeds, algae and a multitude of other problematic concerns.
Regardless of runoff and debris coming into your waterway, natural processes such as photosynthesis can cause weeds and algae bloom. This process is increased with additional organic and synthetic nutrients, low oxygen levels, warmer water temperatures and poor circulation.
Surface Aeration vs. Bottom Aeration
Both styles of aeration provide:
Higher Levels of Oxygen
- Healthy Circulated Waterways
- Cleaner – more algae and weed free
- Reduction of Elimination of Odor
- Larger Healthy Fish Population
A Fountain will also provide:
- A beautiful landscape during the day as well as night if lights are added
- Surface Disturbance – control duckweed and watermill
- The sound of water moving
(Fountains only move water from 6-8 feet from the surface, and they have to be taken out during the winter in colder climates)
A Forced Air System / Diffused Air System or Bubbler will provide:
- Lower cost alternative to a fountain
- Lower maintenance – left in all season
- Water movement and aeration at the very bottom
- Leaves natural look of the waterway
- Breaks down and reduces bottom sludge / muck
- Aerates entire water body
(Bubblers work best in waters greater than 4-5 feet deep)
Contact us today for an estimate or a consultation, we’ll be happy to talk to you about solutions for your aeration problems!